Why invest in TIME:Defensive Income Securities?
- Consistent annual income of 5%
- Income with inflation protection
- Over £35 million in size and daily dealt
- Smart Passive investment process
- Low volatility, diversified portfolio
- Equity income diversifier
- Experienced specialist investment team
Where we invest
- Infrastructure – Companies that own economic infrastructure assets, such as toll roads, rail track & stations and utility networks.
- Renewable Energy – Companies that power our homes and offices through proven technologies such as Solar & Wind farms
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) & Property Companies – Commercial real estate companies that build, run & manage the buildings and places where we shop & work.
- Secured Lending Companies – Businesses which specialise in providing debt finance which is secured against real-assets, such as renewable energy, infrastructure and real estate.
The investment case
Investment in bridges, roads, rail networks, hospitals, and the growing need for more sustainable renewable energy sources from solar and wind farms means these sectors are the cornerstone of the country’s economic welfare. This is appealing because the relatively long operational time frame of the projects and high operating margins are often underpinned by long-term government backed subsidies or other long term contracted payments.
TIME:Defensive Income Securities adopts a Smart Beta approach to investing, an approach known as a hybrid between an actively or passively managed fund.
Rather than using a traditional fund manager-led stock-picking strategy, TIME:Defensive Income Securities employs this investment strategy to select individual companies for the fund.
We use a combination of financial, commercial and performance criteria to select robust qualifying businesses.
We select only liquid, asset-backed companies with attractive yield pay outs. Together with periodic rebalancing of the asset-class weightings, this ensures the fund includes the most appropriate companies on a ‘buy and hold’ basis.
The fund also looks to reduce the volatility usually associated with listed shares and the UK equity income market.
We believe this Smart Beta approach provides a robust investment strategy, overlaid with a pragmatic invest approach to ensure the strategy is maintained.
Find out more
We recognise our solutions are not appropriate for all circumstances and it is important investors receive the right advice, which is why we recommend you seek independent financial advice before choosing to invest.