We are delighted to announce the launch of our IHT Calculator (www.ihtcalculator.com)
This simple to use calculator allows you to find out the approximate IHT liability of your client’s estate by factoring in their property, investments and cash value, along with the number of Nil Rate Bands they are entitled to. While only an approximation, this information can prove useful when you are comparing IHT strategies for your clients.
The IHT Calculator works in five easy steps:
- Enter your client’s approximate property, investments and cash value
- Enter the growth rate assumption for each field
- Enter the number of Nil Rate Bands the client’s estate is entitled to
- Press ‘Calculate’
- View the results – and you can even email them to yourself
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the results with a member of our team, please call us 020 7391 4747 and we would be happy to help.
Note: The calculator makes an assumption that the Nil Rate Bands and Taper Threshold will grow by 2% p.a. from 2021/22 to account for CPI linked increases.
The calculator does not take into account levels of income and expenditure and how these may impact the estate value over time.
The output of the calculator is based on current legislation, which may be subject to change. This is for illustrative purposes only and does not constitute advice.
- Both individual and spouse are UK domiciled
- Individual is leaving less than 10% of Estate to charity*
- Property value relates to a single property that should qualify for RNRB**
- No downsizing of the property will take place
- Current investments do not qualify for Business Property Relief
- Current investments do not include any PETs
*(more than 10% would reduce IHT rate to 36%)
**(e.g. it is being left to direct descendants)