Senior Office Business Development Manager
The TIME group currently manages over £3 billion of assets for over 9,000 investors. We work in partnership with financial advisers, wealth managers and family offices to create and deliver innovative investment solutions for their clients. Throughout our investment solutions we focus on providing consistent, stable returns delivered through a defensive and transparent investment strategy. TIME is built on and shaped by its values, which are at the heart of our business:
Talent: Going above and beyond to deliver positive results
Intelligence: Effecting positive change through innovation
Maturity: Making our client feel valued
Excellence: Challenging the ordinary and creating impact
Office BDM job functions:
- Outbound telephone calls to build and maintain relationships or schedule meetings
- Point of contact for all inbound financial advisers’ queries for your region
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service
- Implement new sales and marketing campaigns
- Build and develop new relationships with prospective companies
- Help educate financial advisers and enable them to solve their clients’ needs
- Attend and support adviser and industry conferences and other events, as requested
- Enhance and develop existing relationships to increase business levels
- Arrange client meetings for Field BDMs
- Proactively follow-up FBDM client meetings
- Develop good working relationship with ‘paired‘ FBDM(s)
- Provide support to FBDMs and their financial advisers
- Maintain up-to-date records on internal CRM system
- Independent pipeline building
Senior Office BDM job functions:
- Host 1:1 meetings with visiting financial advisers
- Ensure a good flow of information between teams
- Seen as a ‘go to’ person within the team for technical knowledge
- Generating ideas for the wider business and team on a regular basis
- Offering support and feedback to newer members of the team
- Proactively work with the rest of the regional team to agree and drive the strategy to maximise business inflows
- Exceptional sales skills
- Strong and flexible work ethic
- High quality interpersonal skills
- Strong relevant IT knowledge (particularly Microsoft Office)
- Excellent English grammar to provide high quality well-written emails
- Highly organised and able to work unsupervised efficiently and effectively
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a candidate with an exceptional approach to this role, who understands that the needs of clients (both internal and external) are at the heart of everything we do and key to the success of our business. Within the Sales Team, a can-do attitude and a supportive approach to team members are essential attributes. A wealth of financial services experience is not a prerequisite in applying for the role but a desire to develop skills and knowledge within a demanding work environment is critical. The candidate will display diligence by bringing a high level of care and attention to even the most basic task and will demonstrate their intelligence through an ability to pick up new things quickly. The candidate will be engaged in the business and will show this through building relationships, seeking to self-improve and taking an interest in the future direction of TIME. Candidates who want to benefit from the broad range of knowledge and exposure they can expect from a smaller, dynamic Investment Manager should apply for this role.
What we can offer
Successful candidates will reap the benefits of working for a business where their voice is heard, and their contribution is truly valued. TIME Investments has an open and supportive approach towards its employees and the Sales Team embraces this wholeheartedly.
Training and development
The successful candidate will be offered training and development within the team and will receive product and organisational overviews from across the business as part of our in-house onboarding process which is offered to all new employees – whatever their role.
Recognition of performance
The candidate will benefit from working on a team where merit truly counts and where outperformance is rewarded with greater responsibility and greater exposure, regardless of length of service. TIME also has a company-wide recognition scheme which is tied strongly to our values.
Contributing to change
Within the Sales Team we are constantly striving to find improvements to our operational procedures and the successful candidate will be provided with the necessary support, training and encouragement to be part of this process. The candidate will also have the opportunity to contribute to providing industry leading customer service to all of our stakeholders.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.